5 Closet Organization Ideas
If you’re anything like me, then the start of a new year means throwing things out left and right in a vain attempt to create some organization in your life. I always feel like I have too. much. stuff. right after the holidays. I need space to breathe and letting go of anything extra is a great way to achieve this. So today, we’re starting with our closets and I’m sharing my top 5 closet organization ideas.
——>Also, don’t forget it’s party day! I’m joining my friends Debbie from Chatham Hill on the Lake, and Lisa from The Purple Hydrangea, as a cohost. We’re sharing our Favorite Fives every 3rd Wednesday of the month, so scroll all the way down to enter!
5 Closet Organization Ideas:
- Organize clothes according to item type. Designate an area for cardigans, tank tops, dresses, and so on. This will make it easier for you to find each item when you know what you’re looking for.
- Invest in a shoe rack for the bottom of your closet. Rather than tossing your shoes inside and losing them in the depths of your closet, use a shoe rack or other organizational method. These hanging shoe racks from Amazon are a great cheap alternative.
- Make the most of shelf space. Stack plain shirts, jeans, or anything else that you can’t seem to find a good place for otherwise on the shelves. This will not only make it look more organized, but it will also make things easy to find.
- Get hooks for your closet. You can use them for scarves, handbags, long costume necklaces, and other items that can be easily hung up. Anthropologie is a great place to find unique hooks to add some much needed flair to a boring closet.
- Store away your clothes at the end of each season. Invest in some high-quality storage bins to keep at the bottom of your closet to store away your winter or summer wardrobe. You might consider leaving out a few key items, but storing your clothes will create more room and leave less opportunities for clutter. These under the bed storage bags are perfect for out of season clothes and come with a zipper – so grime & dust stay off your things!
Check out these practical storage bins that look super good too:
These are my 5 closet organization ideas. Now let’s hear yours – share your top tips for keeping your space organized in the comments!
**this post contains affiliate links. if you purchase something via these links, I may make a small commission at no extra charge to you. thanks for supporting my blog!
Thanks for the tips, but I think what I really need is a bigger wardrobe (closet).
love the blooming homestead closet! Pretty storage boxes! I have some but they aren’t quite so cute and cute is better.
Thanks for the great ideas! I am about to redo my husband’s closet. I organized my clothes by color as I have my work week color coded. Monday is black, Tuesday-Brown, Wednesday- red/purple/pink, Thursday- teal/green/blue, Friday- jeans. On the assigned day, I go to that color section of my closet and choose what to wear!
wow, that is such a great idea to organize your work week by colors! Since I work from home, my outfits consist of jeans and a sweatshirt but I am hoping to remedy that soon by trying Stitch Fix. Thanks so much for sharing 🙂