I’m back today to finally share all the details for our kitchen renovation design. While I really love the farmhouse style (heck, I grew up in a 100+ year old farmhouse!) a piece of my heart will always belong to the beach. Even though I live in land-locked Illinois, I dream of one day owning a little cottage near the ocean. So I’m hoping to bring in some of those beachy tones and textures to our new coastal farmhouse kitchen. Think driftwood color hardwood floors, white and soft gray painted cabinets, golden brass gilded light fixtures, seaglass blues & greens in accessories, sand colored natural woven blinds, creamy white shiplap… you get the idea.
I’m the type of person who can see everything coming together in my head, but that doesn’t exactly help me stay organized. I won’t deny that there’s been a few hiccups in this reno so far and they’re mainly due to my inability to make a decision. I can’t help it, I just love too many different things! But I finally took some time to get all my thoughts OUT of my head and onto some paper.
Ok, it’s digital photoshop paper. But at least it’s out of my head now so I can share it all with you! So this is the look I hope to achieve (see full details and sources for items below.)
- Hoping to have Craig design a custom stove hood similar to this awesome one in Jamie’s house at Whitetail Farmhouse.
- We purchased 2 of these Darlana Lanterns (in medium) to go above our 10ft island.
- Our island cabinets will be a soft gray color similar to this picture, and our perimeter cabs will be white.
- I’m still shopping for hardware but this one is definitely in the running.
- Another great hardware option in unlaquered brass – which will age to a beautiful patina.
- Open shelves will flank the custom stove hood on either side.
- This faucet just got delivered last week and it’s gorgeous, and super cheap!
- I bought this capiz chandelier from Pottery Barn about 8 years ago in the hopes of using it one day. Well it looks perfect over our dining table! Similar version here.
- We purchased this farmhouse sink from Amazon. Great quality and has a center drain. Here’s a slightly cheaper version.
- I’ve always had a crush on these sconces (hardwired) from Visual Comfort. Haven’t purchased them yet, but I think I will put them on either side of the stove hood above the open shelves.
- I’m on the hunt for some fun wallpaper to go on the window wall. Love this buffalo check from Joanna’s line.
- We finally chose our countertops which was not easy! We went with LG Viaterra in Cirrus which looks nothing like the image online. Full countertop post coming soon.
- Since I couldn’t find a tile backsplash that I loved, I went with my ol’ standby white shiplap in BM White Dove 🙂
- I’ll be ordering 3 of these barstools to sit at our island – just can’t decide on white or aqua?
Get the Coastal Farmhouse Kitchen Look:
So what do you think? Some of these things may change a bit, since I’m notorious for changing my mind. But I think we’re finally getting close to getting this kitchen reno wrapped up! You can follow along with me on Pinterest here at my Holly Ridge Kitchen board. I’ve pinned lots of gorgeous inspiration pics and some more sources on where to find things.
And speaking of where to find things…have you ever spent hours searching on Amazon for just the right door knob or that perfect light fixture? No, is that just me? Well, I’ve gathered all my Amazon favorites on one page! No more scrolling for days! These are my tried and true favorites that I’ve used over years of remodeling and flipping houses. I’ll be adding more in the future, but check them all out here.
**affiliate links are used in this post. you don’t pay any extra, but I may make a small commission. thanks for your support!